Friday, December 02, 2011

I'm Baaaaccccckkk!

Omi-goodness, I took too long of a break! Sorry y'all! Thanksgiving was fabulous for us! We are truly blessed to have what need and more! We fried a Turkey and I do have pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I will eventually.

Warning:
The following post will be long and will have lots of pictures and information for your enjoyment.


This cute baby boy came to stay with Aunt Annabelle! I was so happy to see him and he was happy to see me! I had fun having him around for a few days!Photobucket









Photobucket







I made muffins Thanksgiving morning that were delicious!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins!
Here is the recipe:

1 box of Spice Cake
1 Can of Pumpkin
2 Eggs
1 bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 300*. Grease and flour your muffin tin or use liners. I chose to grease & flour this time. Thus the reason you see white bottoms on my muffins. I got a little flower happy. Mix the first three ingredients together with a mixer until well combined. Then fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 300* for the first 10 mins., then Bake at 250* for the next 10-20 mins. until done. This helps get the big top muffin. Also another tip is to leave one cup in the tin empty, but before you put it in the oven, fill it with water. This prevents the muffins from drying out.
Let them cool and serve! I ate two for breakfast that morning and a few mornings after! Makes about 20 big top muffins.


                                                                            ***


Friday after Thanksgiving, we put up our tree. We use an artificial tree. This year I wanted to use Deco Mesh like many of you have decided to do. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I was disappointed. The Hubs went to Hobby Lobby and found this wired ribbon that has glitter polka dots on it! I was impressed! It took me forever to plan out how I wanted it on the tree and this is what I had before I put the ornaments and other decor on it.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I let the Hubs and Zane put the ornaments on so that they could be apart of decorating too.

Once they had finished what they wanted to do, I have a few things I always put on our tree.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App


Photobucket
I always put my Brother's picture along with a heart ornament that has a scripture on it. I would like to find a gold ornament frame to put this picture in one day but I haven't found just the right one yet.
I also always use my glittery gold snowflakes and my rustic star on top.




Here is our tree finished and lit up. Zane is admiring the tree and he also added
his touch by putting a fake orange lizard on a branch in front of him. Boys will be Boys!
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App



                                                                             ***

Making his own ornament.

While roaming isle upon isle at the good ol' Hob Lob, Zane discovered Paint your own ornament. Disney version. Yep you guessed it, Mickey Mouse. He said "I just HAVE to have this Moma & Daddy". So in the cart it went. He held it proudly through the store and held it ALL the way home. 
Once home that late evening, I'm talkin' 9pm or later, he asked over a million times to paint it. We made him wait until the next day. First thing that morning he wakes us from bed and says "It's time to paint Mickey Mouse!!" So we roll up out of bed and put our swag on, Oh WAIT, I meant that I put my bedroom slippers on and proceed to the kitchen in my pajamas! Ha! I start breakfast and Daddy helps little man paint his Mickey Mouse ornament! It was soo sweet to see them do this. The hubs ended up painting most of it by the end because Zane got bored. It happens. It was fun while it lasted.


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App






Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I have to share one last thing. Last night, Zane asked me to help him write his name and our names. So, I drew the dotted lines so that he could trace them like they do at daycare. I think he did pretty well.

That is all for today y'all! I hope that you are all having a happy Friday!




Photobucket



1 comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall