Monday, October 29, 2012

Show & Tell: How I Met Your Father

Hey Y'all! I know, I've been gone WAY TO LONG! Sorry! I just fell out of blogland for a week. It was nice but I missed everything! I missed YOU the most!

What have I been up to? Well, LOTS!

We got kittens. I'm not too thrilled but Zane loves them! We drove to NC to visit the hubs! We went to the NC Renaissance Festival. We made another pumpkin in prep for Halloween. I painted my nails for Halloween. We drove around looking at the leaves, what's left of them anyway.


We've got a busy week and weekend ahead of us so bear with me this week! I've got posts in store and I cannot wait to share them with you! Today I am spending time catching up on all your blogs! I've missed y'all!

*********************************

I'm also linking up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama!


1. Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him. It's a funny story. Steve and I have known each other since we were kids. My cousin lived beside him. Then years later we hung out with the same people in high school. He dated my best friend while we were in high school. Us three were like the musketeers. Always together. He is two years older than me. He would take us to parties and places all the time. He graduated and we went on to college. That summer my best friend cheated on him. He was so sad. Somehow I ended up consoling him and we became close friends. My best friend knew all of this and she was okay with it. She obviously didn't care too much about him. But I did and she knew it. We were cruising town one night and she encouraged me to ask him out. I told her she was crazy! That's not a girl's place to ask a guy out. Well she worked me up and convinced me to do it. I did, he said yes, {sounds weird!} and we've been together ever since! Oh and I'm not sure what attracted me to him at first, maybe his charming personality! Ha! If you knew him, you'd know that's a joke!

 
2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together. {Feel free to show us more than one} OH MY! I had the photo and now it's gone! Yikes! I hope to fix this issue tonight!

 
3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together. Dang! There are so many! How to chose? I think the BEST memories I have would be ALL of our random road trips. {before having Zane} We would take off on a Friday with no destination in mind. We would end up in some crazy places! It was fun none the less and our conversations while riding were the best!

4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one." He's true to what he says. He's the most honest stand-up person I know. He does what he says he is going to do. Sometimes he can be too outspoken, but hey I get like that too. He is an amazing father to our son! He loves my Mama just as much as he loves his own! I first realized this when we were just dating! I knew he was then one!  

5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like. Our date nights are usually few and far between. If we get a chance to go out on our own we typically go to dinner and a movie. Sometimes if it's the weekend we will go hang out with friends without kids. Sounds crazy but that's what we do. I've even convinced him into shopping on a date night! haha Gotta love him!


Next Weeks Questions: Careers/Your "Job"
1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?
2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.
3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.
4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.
5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in.


Before I go, I am working on getting the Hubs to do a vlog! But I need your help!
I need you to ask him questions! ANYTHING CAN BE ASKED!


Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Love this :) to the hubby, do you think blogging is weird? What did you think of it, when she started doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Steve!! Glad you are back! And I can't wait for the vlog!!! I keep thinking of his dancing on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, cute kittens!! They'll grow on you, I promise! And I want your hubby to answer what is favorite thing about you is :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall