Two years ago, I made one of the best decisions EVER!
I vowed to myself that I would never smoke again!
(except when I drink too much! I won't lie! then I regret it the next day!)
It was a hard road at first. I was around so many people that smoked. People knew me as "smoke dogg" and knew that I smoked like a freakin freight train! The hardest part was smoking in my car. That was where I probably smoked the most. Other than at the bar when I'd go out with friends. Every chance I would get I would smoke. Right after I ate, if we were making a pit stop as we were driving, I'd smoke if I wasn't allowed to in the car.
Now that two years has passed I can say that smoking is the nastiest thing I've ever picked up. It effing stinks and makes you stink and look bad. I see people smoking nowadays and it makes me angry. Why you ask? Because they are polluting the air around us 'non-smokers'. Second hand smoke is just as bad as smoking if not worse.
I cannot stand to be outside of a restaurant and smell cigarette smoke! Ugh! It's the worst! It doesn't matter if it is before we eat or after, I get nauseous just thinking about it. I cannot stand to be even outside near someone who smokes. I feel like the smoke is going to wrap around my face and squeeze me until I suffocate to death. I'm not even kidding. The smell of smoke makes me feel like I am being suffocated. It's hard for me to even be around a campfire now because of that.
On a brighter note, I feel so much better to be able to call myself a non-smoker! I feel better, smell better, taste better, and the best of all, I will be around a bit longer because I quit!
If you are a smoker and want to quit let me give you some advice:
- Do it already! You're wasting precious time! It's your LIFE for God's sake!
- Do use pills, patches, gums, e-cigs, etc. Quit COLD TURKEY. Set your mind to quit and you will. Nothing will get in your way once you decide that it's what you want for yourself.
- Don't cheat. You'll never quit that way.
- Don't eat in place of smoking. You will gain weight and it won't be pretty. Instead use mints or a sugar free gum! I recommend my favorite EXTRA Polar Ice. You can't tell it's sugar free!
- Stick to it. They say that it takes 21 days to make a habit. Can you form a habit of not smoking?