Saturday, January 19, 2013

Smoke D-O-double-G!

Two years ago, I made one of the best decisions EVER!
I vowed to myself that I would never smoke again!
(except when I drink too much! I won't lie! then I regret it the next day!)

It was a hard road at first. I was around so many people that smoked. People knew me as "smoke dogg" and knew that I smoked like a freakin freight train! The hardest part was smoking in my car. That was where I probably smoked the most. Other than at the bar when I'd go out with friends. Every chance I would get I would smoke. Right after I ate, if we were making a pit stop as we were driving, I'd smoke if I wasn't allowed to in the car.
Now that two years has passed I can say that smoking is the nastiest thing I've ever picked up. It effing stinks and makes you stink and look bad. I see people smoking nowadays and it makes me angry. Why you ask? Because they are polluting the air around us 'non-smokers'. Second hand smoke is just as bad as smoking if not worse.

I cannot stand to be outside of a restaurant and smell cigarette smoke! Ugh! It's the worst! It doesn't matter if it is before we eat or after, I get nauseous just thinking about it. I cannot stand to be even outside near someone who smokes. I feel like the smoke is going to wrap around my face and squeeze me until I suffocate to death. I'm not even kidding. The smell of smoke makes me feel like I am being suffocated. It's hard for me to even be around a campfire now because of that.

On a brighter note, I feel so much better to be able to call myself a non-smoker! I feel better, smell better, taste better, and the best of all, I will be around a bit longer because I quit!

If you are a smoker and want to quit let me give you some advice:
  1. Do it already! You're wasting precious time! It's your LIFE for God's sake!
  2. Do use pills, patches, gums, e-cigs, etc. Quit COLD TURKEY. Set your mind to quit and you will. Nothing will get in your way once you decide that it's what you want for yourself.
  3. Don't cheat. You'll never quit that way.
  4. Don't eat in place of smoking. You will gain weight and it won't be pretty. Instead use mints or a sugar free gum! I recommend my favorite EXTRA Polar Ice. You can't tell it's sugar free!
  5. Stick to it. They say that it takes 21 days to make a habit. Can you form a habit of not smoking?







9 comments

  1. I'm so proud of you Anna! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worrrrd! Me and my diabetic self used to smoke A PACK A DAY! I knew I needed to quit, and my boyfriend (now hubs) helped me. And by helped, I mean, he jerked that shiz right out of my mouth while I was smokin' it, and put it out with his foot. But, it helped. (I asked for him to help, and that's what I got.) I do still feel the urge when I have a lil too much in the way of bevies. And, like you said, I totally regret it the next day, and I cannot STAND the smell of it on my hands. WOOF!

    Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl. That is so exciting. I'm sure your family as well as your body appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoopwhoop look at you go girl! After the Farmer bitching about it for 10 years I decided to quit and cold turkey. I have just approached a one year mark for me and likewise I cant stand it and it stinks so bad and if I am somewhere I can tell who smoeks and who doesnt just by walking by them when I thought if I used perfume it would cover it up..bahaha no no and no it doesnt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo woo!! That's awesome!! I used to smoke too, a lonngg time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You should be really proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! I have never been a smoker. Both my parents and both of my siblings smoke/smoked. John was a smoker when we met. I tried everything in my power to get him to quit. I even made a powerpoint presentation about the effects of smoking. He finally gave it up many years ago. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall