Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Let's Go Mud Boggin'




Saturday we headed out for the afternoon to spend time with friends at the Mud Bog. Once or twice a month the same place that holds the Truck Pull also does a mud bog. It's opposite of the weekends of the truck pulls. I may have had more fun here than at the truck pull, but it may have been the company we had too! I'm going to say it was a combination of the two!
There is 200 feet of red muddy mush that each vehicle must trek through to get to the end. The one who makes it the farthest wins! There are several different classes, each class goes by tire size.

Some people really braved it out. I don't think I could have beared getting that muddy. I'm not a prissy kind of girl, I don't mid getting dirty, but I know how hard it is to wash that shiz off! You skin will be orange for a few days even after scrubbing!

The set of photos below is of a 10 year old girl driving the Dodge that her Daddy built for her. This season she is undefeated! You go girl! Her whole family have many different 4x4's that they enter. There is probably one for each class!




The Hubs decided that he wanted to play too. Despite the slick tires on the Chevy, he got out there and went for it! Nothing stops him from getting dirty! That song, "Ridin' Dirty", yes, that's his theme song! haha!


He got to 167 feet before the truck stopped. At that point in the mud pit there is a deep section that you have to overcome before you make it to the end of the pit. Steve made a BIG splash, but that is about all he got out of it. Well and the laughs from the boys that rode with him! Zane and his buddy had a blast riding in the mud!




You should have seen the tail ends of these two boys by the end of the night when it was all over! Needless to say, Zane rode home nekkid! haha!





Photobucket

4 comments

  1. This looks like so much fun! In the little town where I'm from, they used to have a place called "Mad Mamas Mud Sling" that looked very similar to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Reesey. He was so excited about this bog. He told me all about it on Saturday Morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a blast!! I want to get dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, how fun!! It has been SO long since I've been muddin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall