Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Secrets of a Trade {that I don't miss that much} & a Vlog!


Well I had a vlog for you guys but this stupid Movie Maker is not cooperating. I hate Windows Vista! I swear! I have this problem everytime I do a video. I will try to fix it this evening. So keep your eyes out for it!

*******************************************

So now you know my story of being a Stylist. Now, I've been known to give advice about hair styles, hair products, hair tools, etc. So today I am going to share with you a few things I know. You can thank Kelli for this post. You're Welcome. (said in the sarcastic voice of Sadie from MTV's Awkward)


(Sadie is such a bitch but she's funny!)

So secrets of the trade...as a lady you should already know the following:
  • you don't use hair ties with metal
  • you don't wash your hair everyday (use dry shampoo people!)
  • get your hair trimmed at least every 4-6 weeks, not to make it grow faster! It's to keep split ends away! You hair only grows about 1/2 inch a month unless your hormones have changed. (ex: pregnancy, menopause, etc.)
  •  wash you hair with beer to clarify your hair. yes, I said beer. One can is all you need! ;) Okay, maybe one to drink after you wash!
  • don't wear your hair in a ponytail everyday
  • if you have blonde hair use purple shampoo to keep it from yellowing or getting brassy
  • to get more

Somethings that you probably didn't know:
  • Don't use products with Alcohol in them. Look at ingredient lists on any gels, mousses, leave-ins or spritzes. If alcohol is one of the first three ingredients, leave it on the shelf. If it's farther down on the list, that's fine. You don't need to worry about a tiny amount. Hairspray, it's okay. That's what its made of.
  • To create volume...Mist your roots at the crown of your head with a volumizing spray when your hair is dry. Then blow-dry the section of the hair in the opposite direction that it normally falls while using your fingers or a brush to lift the roots up and over. Once dry, flip the hair over and gently smooth it out with a brush. You can do this on small sections around your entire head for even more major results.
  • The hotter the iron the better the curl. No ma'am! You will burn your hair right off your head or burn your skin! I'll admit that I always look for a curling iron or flat iron that gets the hottest. (450* or higher) BUT... I DO NOT USE IT AT THAT TEMPERATURE! I turn it down to about half way. If it's a Hot Tools iron like mine, I usually keep the setting at 15. The thicker the hair you can turn it up just a little. Don't forget to use a heat protectant!


  • Wanna know more? Just ask! I'll be glad to help!


    Photobucket

6 comments

  1. I wash my hair everyday :/ I have some dry shampoo but am scared to use it!! I am afraid it'll make my scalp oily/greasy looking! I'm chicken . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great tips! I learned the alcohol tip when I worked for the tanning salon. You don't want it in moisturizers either bc it strips your skin. Can't wait for your vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. I'm glad that I follow all of those rules! I have thin, fine hair and need a good root lifter. I use Redkin right now, but it's so sticky. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Aquage or Big Sexy hair those work great for me

      Delete
  4. NOw you tell me after i burned my head at 450 thanks so much I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post girly! Beer in the shower I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall