Monday, October 15, 2012

Show & Tell: When I was 17


When I was 17...
It was 2001
  • Cost of a gallon of Gas $1.46
  • it was the year Dale Earnhardt died
  • Monsters, Inc. and Shrek were released
  • Hanging by a Moment (Lifehouse) was #1 on the Billboard
  • Minimum wage in SC was $5.15
1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends.

When I was 17 I drove a '91 hatchback Mustang. I loved that car! (for no payment of course!) I worked at a fish/seafood restaurant. I was the one who rolled the fried foods in batter. It was a nasty job! I also was a receptionist at a Great Clips. I swept up hair and took names! haha




2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.
I was right around 17 in this photo. I had bleach white ugly hair. This picture was taken inside of a truck {obvi} while we were watching the truck pull! I was probably three sheets to the wind too! I need to find a better picture...maybe later.


3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."
I wanted to be a suscessful hair stylist. I wanted to work for Great Clips and move up in the company. That didn't work out so well.

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.
This was the year I was still in my wild days. I wasn't worried about dating but I did hang out with a lot of guys. I was attracted to the guy with the biggest truck and the ones that always wanted to be outside doing stuff. (no, not that you perv!)

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?

I was not a planner when I was 17. All I cared about was having money and getting freedom to go and do as I please. Boy, was I wrong! If I could go back to being 17 again with what I know now, I would change the way I did many things. But I am thankful to where it led me today.



Next Weeks Questions: Shopping

1. Tell us your favorite stores to shop at.

2. What are you "signature pieces" to wear.. your go-to outfits?

3. Show us your style through pictures {of you or pinterest finds}.

4. Show us your favorite celebrity style icons.

5. If you had to spend money on clothes or home items, which would you choose?

6. Show us your favorite accessories.

7. Tell us in one sentence your philosophy behind shopping. {What makes you buy an item}



Photobucket

4 comments

  1. I was obsessed with Lifehouse! I had the biggest crush on Jason Wade. And I'm with you. I never thought about the future at 17. I was only concerned with having fun. Can you believe gas was so cheap?!? I remember when i $10 bill in my glove box. That filled up my whole tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post chica! I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband had an 89 mustang. He STILL loves those old cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun link up! I feel old though. "Hanging by a Moment" was out when I in college! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall