Monday, November 05, 2012

Show & Tell: Careers/Your "Job"



1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?

I went straight into Cosmetology school as a junior in high school! I did not go any further into a college afterwards. Sometimes I contemplate going back, but I can never make up my mind what I'd go back for!

2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.

My job now is very laid back and fun! I am an executive assistant. I do tons of paperwork and reports! Yeah, some people say it's no fun, but I love numbers and writing so it works for me! The part I don't like is filing it all! Boring!


3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.

I've taken photos at work and I've even filmed a vlog in our conference room once! Whoa! But here is one from a while back.... sitting at my desk being silly. Go figure!




4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.

OH gosh! I have no clue! I like being an executive assistant. I love the people I work with. If I am still here in ten years. Great! If I'm not, it's because I moved to another state.


5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in.


It's not really field related but I've learned that if you love the people you work with you have a stronger love for what you are doing. If you are looking for a career as a executive assistant, make sure you have experience and like doing things for other people and taking orders from others.


Next Weeks Questions: Cold Weather Activities

1. Tell us what you like to do when it's cold outside.

2. Tell us some of your favorite "winter" recipes.

3. Show a picture of something that makes you think of the cold.

4. Tell us /show us some of your favorite accessories/outfits for the winter

5. Tell us if you had the option of snow or no snow, what would you pick?





Photobucket

5 comments

  1. I totally agree that you people you work with really have a huge impact on how much you love your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you move to another state it better be COLORADO!!! I agree 100% that if you like the people you work with you like your job so much better! I'm truly blessed with where I work and the people I work with!! Hope your having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you have a decent job and actually like your co-workers, it's great. I wouldn't mind doing that for years.

    If you don't mind me saying (writing?) so, I highly recommend NOT going back to college if you already have a job that you love. I just finished a 2-year-degree and have had no luck getting a "real" job because of it...so I'm back in a retail position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome you love your job!!! i am telling myself i will absolutely love my next job or i will not stay there...I did that way too long! If you move to another state it will be Washington. Sorry Monica ^ Colorado is a no go! WASHINGTON WASHINGTON!

    Won't you be my neighbor?! haha!

    i can't think of much to say because i just freaking love you to pieces!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. l love self portaits especially with props. Gum and girls make for 100 ways to have fun. Love this and you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall