Wednesday, May 08, 2013

T-Ball, Sickness, & Guns...

I ain't gonna lie. I've had no interest in blogging the past week. I say this as I hang my head in shame. I guess I felt the need for a break. Not sure why, but I took one. Sometimes a break is good! I'll show you what has been going on lately.  

 

Working and t-ball has taken up a majority of our time this spring. I don't mind it one bit! We've had so much fun playing ball this year! I can't wait until he gets bigger and better! I think this is his sport! Last week Zane got sick. High fever and cough. It was rough. Yesterday was the first time he was totally 99% himself.

 
 While I laid up with the boy because he didn't want his Moma out of his sight, Daddy was working on a new project for his birthday party! I can't wait to share! Over the weekend Zane started feeling better and wanted to get out of the house. We got the idea to go to the rifle range and shoot. That's one of our favorite things to do as a family. We even took my mother-in-law this time! On our way there, the MIL asked if we could stop at Stumphouse Tunnel. Of course we did! It started raining as we got there, but that didn't stop us from having fun!

 

What do you do on a rainy Sunday afternoon? Eat boiled peanuts and shoot guns, duh!
If we go to the rifle range we always go by the peanut shack and get the world's best boiled peanuts! I've been eating them from there since I was a kid. No one can make them like they do...and I've had my fair share of trying other boiled peanuts. If you haven't ever had them, you need to! Anyone know if I can overnight them? Amy, If I could, I would love!

 

The hubs and I got to shoot together. That was weird. We usually shoot one at a time. I was shooting a semi-automatic 9mm and he was shooting a .38 special revolver. I've come to a conclusion that I do not like a revolver. So this Mother's Day y'all can just send me some bullets. Mmmkay? 


Zane got to shoot his Chipmunk .22 and MIL shot her .38 special revolver that the hubs was shooting. Despite the rain we had a great time. Good clean fun and lessons for the boy too! We are consistent and teaching him all about gun safety. Lord only knows that there are people reading this thinking, "Why are you shooting guns around your child?!?" I am teaching my child fundamentals of guns and the safety of guns. If you don't approve, that's okay. You're entitled to your own opinion. In our house, we use guns.

 

I have to include this video of my MIL shooting the .9mm she was a bit skiddish because she isn't used to it. I laughed while recording this! {Sounds like she got excited!}



So, this is what we've been up to. Not a whole lot of anything else. We've got more t-ball. weddings, and vacation coming up in this month so if my posts are sparse, sowwie! I've still been reading, I promise!
Get out and live life y'all!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. What a fun day. And I can understand you wanting your child to learn about guns from you. It's better than them learning from movies or TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its awesome that 4 year old Zane can shoot a gun better than me! I want him to come protect me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you've been missed but I understand. Life's more important! Yes, t-ball and sports take up a lot of our spring too. I know it'll just get crazier when Brody plays too. I feel like we have waited too long to take Evan shooting. I definitely want his daddy teaching him gun safety and appreciation. Hope they can do it some this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect family outing to me! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried boiled peanuts once and almost puked. You need to teach me how to shoot! We really need to get a gun. I would feel much safer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We go shooting almost every Sunday! What's funny is you'll always see my hubby shooting his 9mm and I'm always shooting my .38, opposite from you guys. I love my revolver! I can't wait until Allie Mae is old enough to shoot with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall