Thursday, May 09, 2013

What Momma Needs

As you all should know by now Mother's Day is this Sunday! What?! You forgot? OH NAW! {hell naw y'all done up and done it! You know you just sang that nappy song! Thank me later.} You better get your tail in gear and figure out what you're gonna do! There are plenty of ideas out there these day thanks to Pinterest. But I'm not using pinterest. These are ideas are my own!
1. A wallet/wristlet to carry around all that money Momma spend on you! I prefer this one from Sakroots in the Berry True Love print! It also converts to a crossbody!

2. Some blinging flip flops. What woman doesn't love a good pair of flops?

3. Flowers or plants. This is a given. Mother's like flowers and they like plants. Plants last longer but I also like a good bouquet from our local florist once or twice a year!

4. A nice piece of jewelry is a way of saying "I love you, Mom!" Monogram pieces are the "it" to get!

Gifts for Mom don't have to be bought. They can be gifts that you've made or created. It can be something that you did for her, like cook her dinner and wash the dishes afterwards too. If your Mother is up in the clouds and celebrating with Jesus, we know she's got all the gifts she needs! Just celebrate her and her life. Write a letter to her. It doesn't matter what you do for your Momma as long as you let her know how much she means to you.

Now get something together and get it ready before Sunday! Don't make me tell you again!

This year the Hubs and I are taking our Mothers to Dollywood! Together. It will be one big ol treat! I can't wait!

What will you be doing for your Mom?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. I swear, we are music soul sisters. Love me some Nappy Roots, ha! I'm loving that bracelet! I hope Steve and Zane treat you right on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have that song stuck in my head now! Thank you ;) Love that bracelet!! Just politely send this link to your hubby :) ha! Have fun in TN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always used to get my mom trees, shrubs, plants or flowers for our beds and yard, then would spend the day beautifying the outside of our house. It was a tradition...not that I'm far away, I just send flowers to her work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting new running shoes!! Just what I want/need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall