Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Time I Got Hit On

As you may know by now, I went on a little trip to North Kackylack with my home girls this past weekend. As my best friend and I were in Cherokee shopping at a purse shop, the sales lady was really nice and talked to us the entire time we were in there. Let me just describe her to you: she was small but not skinny, had short grey wiry hair, with a large nose that was adorned with a very large wart. It was kind of like a train wreck, you just can't help but stare!

She may or may not have resembled this...

She was commenting on everything we picked up. "Oh! That scarf looks so good on you!" "You ladies sure are pretty!" "That purse would go with anything you wear!" "You girls are so sweet!" She then asked where we were from because we were obviously not from Cherokee. Well after a few comments she comes from behind the counter and says to me "Oh, look at you in your cowboy boots looking SEXY!" I gave this strange look to my friend and was instantly ready to jet out of there! I thanked her for the compliment, but I couldn't help to think she was hitting on me! So as I continue looking at things in the store she come and puts her hand on my shoulder and asks me "Are you single?" I quickly respond, "No ma'am. I'm married and have a little boy." My friend is totally walking away laughing under her breath at this point and my ass is ready to get the hell out of there. The sales lady then says "Dang there ain't no good girls out there any more. I was gonna hook you up with my son!"

Hello?!? Did I have an "I'm Single and Ready to Mingle" to shirt on or what? Could she not see the rock on my left hand? Okay, she was wearing glasses and maybe the 'script was old or whatever and she couldn't see it. That's what I want to tell myself anyway. I swear by the way she was acting it felt like she was the one that was interested! Not that I was in the least bit. I was trying to hurry up and look at the damn purses and products she had for sell and get the hell up out of there! I did end up buying a necklace from there but was freaked out the whole time I was checking out. Is that what mothers do now? On the freakin prowl for their sons?

Word to the wise...Wise old ladies that think they can find their sons a woman: Let the boys do the work, because Momma sho knows how to freak a girl out! UGH!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments

  1. Haha! That is hilarious. But in her defense, they probably don't get a lot of attractive single women around there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahahhahaha! Totally made my day, again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so between her and the crazy indian...you wanna go back to that place again??? hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO...Ok I am not single but really do want a T-Shirt that says "Single and Ready To Mingle". That's too awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel bad for the woman's son! I can imagine him meeting a nice girl, and his mom being unhappy because the girl isn't who *she* wanted him to marry. Seems like a controlling mother type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying!! You sexy thing you! Stop spewing your sexiness everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is crazy. Ohhh Emm Geee! You are so much nicer than me, I probably would have left with her hating me. Dern, how freakin' akward!?!?

    Yes, Moms...let the boys do their own lookin'. Heavens to betsy!

    I hate to see her son....Ergh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall