Thursday, December 12, 2013

FINISH THE SENTENCE...CHRISTMAS EDITION


button
 
Y'all. Today I am going to participate in a link-up! Whuuuuttt??? I haven't done a link-up in God knows when! This one is with Big Holly and Jake! It's Finish the Sentence... Christmas Edition! Here we go...
 
1. My favorite Christmas was.... the one where Zane got a swing set from Santa. He was three. We had to convince him to go outside to look and he was not having it! He wanted to stay where it was warm!
 
 photo 1223111555a.jpg
 
2. The worst Christmas I had... was when my Grandpa got so drunk that all he wanted to do was jam out to 'The Man in Black" as loud as he could. He has just got his own CD player and that CD from my aunt as a gift. Mind you there are 30 people in a 1200 square foot house. Totally cramped! Anyway, We were trying to play the 'dirty Santa/ Chinese Christmas game'. My grandpa's music was so loud that no one could hear what number we were on. So I finally spoke up and said that he needed to turn it down or go in the other room. That flew ALL over him! We ended up in a cuss fight and I left. My husband ended up saying a few choice words as we walked out. It was NOT pretty!
 

3. That one gift that made me scratch my head and say, "Hmmmm" was... dear foam slippers from a relative that I'd rather not speak of. He's supposed to be an uncle. He's also a creep! Why in hell he bought me bedroom slippers, I will never know. I really don't want to know! Come to think of it, my grandma probably got it for him to give me. Thanks but no thanks!
 

4. One year I.... snuck into my parents bedroom and found all my brother's and I Christmas gifts unwrapped in a huge layaway box! I was really hoping for a brown leather jacket that year and I cried because I saw it in that box! On Christmas morning I wasn't as excited because I already knew it was going to be mine! Then I confessed to my mom that I had found it. She got better at hiding things after that! Ha!
 
5. I think the worst gift to give is.... a damn Chia Pet. Seriously those are a joke!
 
6. At Christmastime I typically.... do a lot of baking with my mom, bitching about POS family members that can't get their act together, bitching about stuff not going my way, singing carols, & trying my hardest to be nice to the ones I only see a few times a year that I really don't get along with!
 
7. Typically, family Christmas.... Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas morning with his family...we try to keep it as simple as possible.
 
 
8. If I could change one thing about the Holiday season.... there would be no presents and everyone would be happy to just be with each other for  a few hours!
 
9. It is so hard to buy for.... me! The hubs complains that I find out way too much before Christmas! I will give the hubs a list of things I'd like to have and then if I really want it bad enough I end up buying it before he can. He gets pissed! It's already happened this year too!
 
10. My favorite Christmas tradition is... baking with my Mom!
 
11. Santa, baby, bring me a .... an embroidery machine, some new boots, and new shades! A permanent job for the hubby too! Zane, he's spoiled. He has too much crap as it is! (just kidding)
 
 
 photo IMG_0904.jpg
 

 

4 comments

  1. If you get that embroidery machine, you're going to be my new best friend! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about certain family members on holidays...I'd rather them just NOT be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall