Monday, April 09, 2012

Back in the Game!

Yes, I am alive and back in the game. {almost anyway} I have to apologize for my brief absence in the blog world. Everyone needs a break now and then. Just a little jeep update; Black Betty is not back on the road yet. Sad. I know. Me car less. I have been driving the Hubs "Big Blue Monster" (blue Dodge Mega cab) Gah I hate that thing! Only because it's a manual and it's so dang big! Oh well beggar's can't be chooser's and I am thankful I have a way of getting around.


This is what my Thrursday at work looked like. Not pretty at all! I was glad to have Friday off!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Since I was off for Good Friday, we took advantage of it and went to the coast! Surfside, Baby! No surprise there, huh? We packed up, (even Willow) and left out late Thursday evening and got there around midnight. Whew! But I was glad we had all day Friday to play around!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Photobucket
{I asked Steve to smile and this is what I get}                                                      
We slept in until 10am! It was great! I haven't slept 'til 10am since before we had Zane! UH-Mazing! Then we had Krispy Kreme for breakfast and cruised the neighborhood on the golf cart! Then we let Zane play on the beach. The water was FREEZING but he played any way! He is a total beach bum!


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppUploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App



We hung out with my BFF and her hubs for the afternoon at Broadway and then cooked dinner for my grandparents. {we'll the hubs cooked, not me} ha! Saturday we were lazy for the most part. Zane and I dyed eggs and that was the most labor I did all day! ha!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
{nap time on the back porch. If you look closely, you can see Zane covered up with a white blanket on two chairs.}

That afternoon my parents arrived and they watched Zane while we went out for our 6 year Wedding Anniversary! We went to Crabby Mike's and then to Myrtle Beach to ride the Sky Wheel! Let me tell ya, if you are ever in MB, please ride this! It is worth the whole $13 per person to ride! We rode at night and the view was more than Fabulous!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppUploaded from the Photobucket Android App


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppUploaded from the Photobucket Android App     

Sunday we had an awesome breakfast and rode the golf cart around again! My Mom and Grandmother cooked us lunch! They made a Mustard Pork Loin with rice and a white wine gravy, green beans with potatoes, and key lime pie to top it all off! It was slap yo Momma good! Then we hid eggs for Zane to find and he loved it! Then by the afternoon we were packed up and hitting the road back home. I am thankful to have such a fantastic family!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I hope y'all had a great Easter too!

-Toodles-
Photobucket

1 comment

  1. It sounds like you had a FANTASTIC weekend! I'm jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall