Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Often Second Guess Myself

Whether it's a big decision or just picking out what I will wear for the day, I struggle with making decisions. I don't even like to decide what restaurant we are going to eat at for dinner, unless I'm craving something!



There are some decisions that I think might be possible, my mind ponders if that opportunities should arise, what I would do. That way when the time comes I will know how to handle it. Sometimes that 'time' doesn't ever come. Some people tell me I worry about stuff to much. Maybe I do, I don't know. I just try to prepare for things. But it can also lead to heartbreak if I expect a certain outcome.

That being said, I often second guess things A LOT! I try to not but it's hard.


I'm always scared I won't make the right decision or that I will regret the decision I made. I struggle with this so much. I pray about it and hope for the best. I guess in a way I want to try to control situations. I need to learn to let go and let God.

There are things, that I am more passionate about and I know without a doubt that I am making the right decision. Then there are times where I am so doubtful that I just get overwhelmed and send myself to planet anxiety. That's no way to be and I need to find a way to deal with that.

Do you find your self in this same situation?
 How do you handle it?

7 comments

  1. Zane's smiling nice in this picture!! I think as mothers and wives we worry in ways that single with no children ppl do not. We have other people who's lives are affected by all of our decisions. It's tough. I tend to worry a lot too. Whenever something has me really anxious I try to give it to God. Like you said He is in control not us. I think all we can do is try our best. Love our families and honor God. Hope everything's ok. You know I'm here if you need an ear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second guess myself as well, not just on decisions, but on anything that I'm trying for the first time or whatever. I've been trying to stop letting my doubt get in my way! I'm realizing though, that I can't control the situation or outcome, I can only trust in God to lead me, guide me, and keep me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same!! All we can do, is our best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone at some point second thinks themselves; I think it normal and just a part of life. I do it often but try to move on and tell myself I've made the right decision, and if it ends up being wrong it is something I will learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, this is hard!! I'm actually really great at making decisions, but that doesn't mean that I don't struggle with anxiety in other ways, becuase I totally do.

    It's hard letting God rule that part of my life sometimes. Why is that? I don't know. Maybe with age and wisdom I will have learned how to turn that over. Maybe it's just practice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I feel this way. I end up just picking something quickly so I can stop fretting over it. I try to have faith that the thing I chose is something that God put into my mind for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be like this until I had the kid then it was like I had no more time to second guess anything because I only so many hours in the day to get it all done. I used to be bad about saying no and now I say it when needed because you can't do everything. Don't fret you will eventually come to neutral ground with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall