Tuesday, October 01, 2013

FALL IS HERE!!!!



 I love Christmas and I start right after Thanksgiving decorating for it. All the planning and decorating that I can get my tiny head wrapped around! New projects every year. As busy as things are lately, well will see how this year goes!
 
This year, I've been craving Fall! I've wanted it for a few weeks now. I'm not even exaggerating. It seems like this summer was more rain than sun here in SC and I'm so over it! Ain't no body got time fo dat! So with that said, September is here and I'm ready to start decorating my house for Fall! I've been eyeing so many awesome ideas. It's hard to narrow it down, so I might just mix it up and make it my own! Here are a few inspirations I've found!
 
Source
 
 
Source


I've got a project in mind that I want to include on my mantel this year.
(click image to see the DIY)

dip dyed candlesticks
The only difference is mine will be a different color. I’m thinking of painting them a metallic copper color or black if that doesn’t work out for me. Do you have any suggestions on color for me? It’s been a challenge to find the furniture legs. That’s why I haven’t got around to doing this quite yet. I have started putting my mantel together for fall, but I haven’t perfected it. It is coming right along. Another thing I plan to add is a burlap banner that says ‘FALL’.
 
Fall is my favorite time of year! It is not too hot out and not too cold either! We are always out and doing something. Well, it really doesn’t matter what time of year it is, we are always doing something. You can’t live life sitting still y’all!
 
This past weekend we went camping. If you follow me on IG then you already know this! I am not peachy keen on tent camping. I’d rather be in a camper with all the amenities that I need. We stayed at the Lake Rabun campground in Georgia. It was a primitive site. What’s that mean? NO electricity and NO running water. Just the trees, bees, and everything else. It was fine. We were fine. But sleeping on an air mattress for two nights is not my thang! We cooked all of our food on the fire and ate entirely TOO many s’mores! And yes, I did try the ones with Reese’s! It was good when I added a second marshmallow! Double decker if you will! I love PB and Chocolate, but the original is much better! (IMO) Zane also made us lunch! Ham and cheese please! Next time, my tail will be in a camper! I can promise you that! No more dang air mattress for this country girl!
 
   
 
 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments

  1. I love love love tent camping! But the campground we go to has showers, a playground, movie nights and other fun stuff! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your fall decorations! I've been wanting to take my kids camping. What all do ya'll do to keep Zane entertained?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I L-O-V-E the candle stick pin, I'm going to repin it now! I got some clear candle holders like that from Ulta for free a few years ago and I just didn't love them. I never even thought of painting them... duhhh Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on sleeping in a camper ha! Excited to see what your Fall decorations are going to look like!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really did get cheated out of a summer this year. I am happy that October is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that summer is over and Fall is here! I can't wait to see your Fall decorations because your ideas are always so unique and inspiring. And of course, I admire your camping experience like all of your other adventurous experiences in which I live vicariously through you since I am not adventurous. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to decorate for fall tomorrow and am SO excited! I'm also making a trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend to get a couple things for some fall crafts, so that will be FUN!!! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fiance loves the whole primitive camping thing and while it's not really my cup of tea, the scenery and the smores make it worth it! Although I think I need to try the Reese's version! That sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just like you, I have been craving Fall as well. Although, I'm always craving it. Fall for me means Christmas is right around the corner and that is my absolute favorite time of year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall