Thursday, October 24, 2013

Starbucks, a Movie, and Duck Dynasty!

So this hiatus that I am on is still not quite over yet but I am here to keep you in the loop! That is for all of you that have stuck around for the past 24 days! THANK YOU!
 
Things have been wild for us but I love it! Well what’s first? Hmm… Let’s start with Starbucks. Yall, this is really bad! I have always lived 30 minutes or more from a Starbucks. That’s great because I can get only on special occasions. OH the joys of small town livin. Well our grocery stores here are Ingles and most of them now include a Starbucks inside. BAD BAD BAD idea for this Moma! Now let me remind all of you that I HATE coffee! Yeah I know, it’s a coffee shop! I drink the baby stuff. Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino is my go to drink! In the Fall I get a Caramel Apple Cider with extra caramel. Anyway There is two within ten minutes of me now. I’ve gone at least once a week. Problem is I get a venti. For those of you who don’t know anything about Starbucks, that’s a WHOLE ENTIRE 24 ounces of sinful goodness! That’s bad news for someone whole loves the chocolate and the sweetness. To top it off, if Starbucks happens to be my breakfast I will add a cheese Danish to it. SMH. I’ve got to control myself! Too make things worse, I’ve had my bloodwork done for our wellness program at work and I just know that my doctor is going to tell me today that all I can eat is lettuce and carrots with water for the next year. FML. I’ll let you know how that goes!
 
The next thing is if you have followed along on instagram, you may have spotted this:
 
 
There was a movie being filmed in the city I work in. It's called Elbow Grease. Check them out on Facebook here! They asked for locals to participate as locals. The Heritage Fair was in town and they used that to their advantage! They had people come out during the day to film and they filmed some at night. All the locals were trying so hard to become a ’15 second famer’ (if you know that I mean). The film crew even posted on their Facebook book how to apply to be an extra in the movie. One of the girls I work with got to be an extra in the fair scene and spent all day filming. Well the next day my boss asked if I would be interested in being in it. I said sure! The best part was I got to do it with my best friend! (her hubby is my boss too! Lol) So we were to be a part of the street venders for a street fair. Our tent was for the police department. How fitting since I haven’t told you that I work for the police department now. So there. I said it. I love it too! On to my story, my bff and I had to create a tent in supporting our local police! We had to be at the street they were filming at 6am! Yes, 6am! We also had to plan to be there until the sun went down. It was a looooooooong day, but super fun! We cut up and laughed as much as we could unless told to be quiet on the set! We stayed like 12 hours and we started contemplating to leave because we thought they were done filming on our end of the street. Lucky for us we decided to stay and they used our tent for a scene!  A poop scene at that! They had a dog walk by and 'poop' in front of our tent! Seriously! So there’s my ’15 seconds of fame’! Hopefully they won’t cut that part from the film cause we know all know it will be fabulous! It’s an independent film, but they used Burt Reynolds in it! I never got to see him, but some people at the PD got to!
 
  
 
 
Halloween is this month, actually in a week. The second weekend of this month we went to a Halloween party. We dressed as the Robertsons from Duck Dynasty! I was Ms. Kay, the hubs was Phil, and Zane was Si. What started all this was Zane asked to be Si for his costume this year so we decided to make it a family deal! I didn't get any good pictures, but I will share with you what I got!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope y'all have a safe and fun Halloween! And just so you don't forget what I look like, here:
 
 
LOVE YA! BE BACK SOON!!!
 


13 comments

  1. Ah, our Starbucks is in our Ingles too!! You need to get yourself a Starbucks gift card, load money on it, & use that when you purchase something! You earn points!!! Like free drinks! Plus they'll send you coupons & stuff in your email! That's what I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the commenter above! And Starbucks is my weakness, I earn a free drink like every month! And I love the Duck Dynasty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am probably the only person on the planet not addicted to Starbucks. Haha! I missed you though. Sounds like you've been having a blast and loving your new job. I love the Duck Dynasty costumes. Zane's Si costume rocks...complete with his very own sweet tea! I also shudder and wonder how Si's sweet tea could possibly be good as he carries it around all day, and it couldn't possibly be cold. Plus, no telling how many beard hairs it has in it. Haha! Hope that made you laugh a little 'cause it did me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted to Starbucks too. And so is John. He never liked coffee until last winter. But I have weined myself off the expensive drinks. I just get coffee with cream & sugar. I still think that is soo cool that you are a movie star ;) And I ended up watching the whole Duck Dynasty marathon lady night. Si cracks be up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to add that I LOVE that necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a Movie Star now, can I please have your autograph? Look at you go girl changes taking place and I am happy for you. Zane looks precious and so do the rest of yal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...a poop scene?!?! Really?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!! And the Starbucks once a week thing is ok-just as long as you keep it to once a week. I find if I get a latte any more often than that, it isn't as fun of a treat for me! And girl, skip the danish! It's probably not even worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! New reader here! Too funny about Starbucks, I would be the same way if I had one near me....so funny, I hate coffee too and when I got it's either double chocolately chip or caramel apple spice, mmm!
    brookeshappenings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a movie star - how cool!!! I love ya'll Halloween costumes! We love Duck Dynasty. My dad is a police officer, so I think it's pretty awesome that you work at your local pd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah that is awesome I didn't know you all went dressed as the Robertsons! haha Hope your poop scene makes it to the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Starbucks is surely addicting especially the lattes. Got to have one sometimes.
    Linda
    gameday dresses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you've been up to a lot of goodness lately. I'm glad I came by on when you posted a recent post. I'm a fellow SC blogger. :) I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I LOVE hearing what you have to say and getting to know my readers! Make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to connect with you!

© The Carolina Country Girl
Maira Gall